Happy New Year! The holidays flew by and here we are, in a new year. Time flies when you’re having fun!
A new year means new Medicare plans to choose from. If you selected a plan during the October 15th – December 7th “Annual Enrollment Period” that you don’t like, do not worry, you have the option to switch plans.
MA OEP is from January 1 through March 31, 2020
One-Time coverage change options
During the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA OEP), beneficiaries who are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan or who are newly-MA-eligible may make any of the following one-time changes to their coverage:
- Switch from one MA plan to a different MA plan
- Drop MA coverage and return to Original Medicare (Part A and Part B)
- Drop MA coverage, return to Original Medicare and add a stand-alone Part D plan
The effective date for an MA OEP election is the first day of the month following receipt of the enrollment request.
The MA OEP does not provide an opportunity for:
- An individual enrolled in Original Medicare to join a MA plan.
- Part D changes for individuals enrolled in Original Medicare, including those enrolled in stand-alone Part D plans.
Contact us if you have questions about your plan or if you’d like to hear more about other plan options. Call 1-888-825-0231 or fill out the Contact Us form.